Wendy has more than 20 years of experience in assisting clients in a broad range of corporate and commercial matters.
Her focus is primarily on mergers & acquisitions, negotiating and drafting commercial arrangements, advising on business structuring and investment and on the commercialisation of intellectual property.
Wendy has significant experience in large complex transactions, whether it be the acquisition of a business or a long term supply contract in the mining industry. Her depth of legal knowledge and practical approach to finding solutions has developed a loyal client base across a wide range of industries including logistics, information technology, education, government, engineering, health and aged care.
Wendy has been a director and an in-house counsel which has given her strong commercial acumen and an understanding of the drivers in business. This understanding underpins her approach to her clients’ matters.
Wendy’s expertise includes:
- Competition and Consumer law – advising on restrictive trade practices and the Australian Consumer Law.
- Technology – advising on cloud computing, systems integration, software development, licensing and professional services
- Mergers and acquisitions – advising on sales of businesses, management buy outs, financial assistance and due diligence
- Business Structuring & Investment – establishing structures and advising on capital raising, joint ventures and trusts
- Corporate – drafting shareholder agreements and advising on corporate governance, directors duties, and other corporate issues
- General commercial and business transactions – drafting a wide range of agreements including supply, procurement, consultancy and franchise documentation
- Intellectual Property – advising on the protection and commercialisation of rights, research & development agreements and trade mark protection
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons) – ANU (1989)
- New South Wales, 1989
- Affiliations and Memberships
NSW Law Society