Kirsty is passionate about workplace issues.
She has acted for both employers and employees across many different sectors including Commonwealth Government, ACT Government, Property & Construction, Hospitality, Healthcare, Professional Services and Not for Profit.
Kirsty specialises in tailoring employment contracts and policies to her clients, Code of Conduct investigations, and discrimination claims . When circumstances require court proceedings or negotiation, Kirsty has significant experience in dispute resolution and litigation, and is a strong advocate for her clients. She appears regularly in the Fair Work Commission, the Federal Court and the Federal Circuit Court on Fair Work Act and Employment matters. Kirsty also has experience in the NSW Supreme Court and District Court and in all levels of ACT courts and tribunals.
In her spare time Kirsty sits on the ACT Law Society’s Industrial Relations Committee and is Secretary of the Australian Labour and Employment Relations Association (ACT).
- Employment Law
- Misconduct & Underperformance
- Unfair Dismissal
- General Protections
- Workplace Investigations & Code of Conduct Investigations
- Compliance & Auditing
- Workplace Relations
- Work Health and Safety
- Industrial Relations
- Enterprise Agreements
- Employment Contracts & Policies
- Discrimination & Harassment Law
- Employment Law
- Bachelor Degree in Law (with Honours), The Australian National University
- Masters Degree in Labour Law & Relations The University of Sydney
- Bachelor Degree in Political Science from The Australian National University
- ACT Supreme Court 2013
Affiliations & Memberships
- ACT Law Society
- ACT Law Society Industrial Relations Committee
- Australian Labour and Employment Relations Association (ACT)
- Director, Australian Women Lawyers Association
- Board Member, The Street Theatre