Germaine has over 13 years of experience specialising in property, off the plan developments, and strata (unit title) law.
Germaine has extensive experience with private property developers in NSW, and a breadth of experience of property matters within the ACT. The varied property work encompasses land, housing, and townhouse developments as well as strata, stratum, community development projects and commercial and retail ventures.
Germaine has worked with small, medium and large Law Firms, as well as operating her own sole-practitioner business, all of which have contributed to Germaine’s highly tuned interpersonal skills and breadth of understanding that all clients need lawyers to balance both commercial reality with legal practicalities.
Amongst Germaine’s skill sets she also possesses a wide ranging experience with large scale commercial property acquisitions, disposals, and private finance arrangements, together with general experience with commercial and retail leasing.
- Property Developments
- Strata/Unit Title and Community Title
- Strata Title, Community Title and Unit Title Management legislation
- Property Instruments (including commercial agreements, deeds, contracts, options, easements, Management Statements, and By Laws/Rules)
- Residential and Commercial conveyance transactions
- Bachelor of Laws – Queensland University of Technology (2002)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise – University of Technology Sydney (2003)
- Bachelor of Arts (Double Major of Psychology) – University of Queensland (2013)
- Australian Capital Territory 2016 (current)
- NSW Public Notary 2014 (current)
- New South Wales 2003
Affiliations and Memberships
- Law Society of ACT
- NSW Law Society Women’s Mentoring (2013/2014)
- NSW Society of Public Notaries
- NSW Women Lawyers Association
- NSW Law Society