Tanya is a Partner, heading up Meyer Vandenberg’s Wills and Estates team.
Tanya and her team look after clients in the areas of estate planning, elder law, probate and deceased estate administration services and estate disputes/litigation.
Tanya has a wealth of experience in preparing wills, testamentary trusts and enduring powers of attorney, arranging probate and letters of administration in the ACT and NSW and conducting the administration of deceased estates. Tanya also has particular expertise in estate litigation and regularly acts in court proceedings in both the ACT and NSW regarding contested wills and family provision claims.
Tanya regularly works in conjunction with her client’s accountants and financial planners to ensure her client’s overall estate planning needs are met in a cohesive manner.
Meyer Vandenberg’s Wills and Estates team are able to efficiently assist in applications for reseals of grants in the ACT and NSW jurisdictions.
Tanya is a warm and approachable advisor who prides herself on being accessible and responsive to her clients. Tanya is strongly client-focused and she is noted for her attention to detail and her ability to explain difficult concepts so that they are easily understandable.
Tanya has been recognised in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 by the prestigious Doyles Guide as a leading wills & estates lawyer in the ACT.
- Probate and Letters of Administration
- Administration of deceased estates (contentious and non-contentious)
- Estate disputes and estate litigation
- Family Provision claims
- Elder law
- Estate planning
- Enduring Powers of Attorney and Enduring Guardians
- Wills and Testamentary Trust Wills
- Superannuation death benefit disputes
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice – Australian National University (2003)
- Bachelor of Laws – University of Canberra (2002)
- Bachelor of Management – University of Canberra (2000)
- Australian Capital Territory, 2003
Affiliations and Memberships
- ACT Law Society
- Australian Lawyers Alliance
- Member of the ACT Estate Planning Discussion Group