Rob is the partner responsible for our Corporate and Commercial practice.
Rob has broad legal experience advising public and private sector clients in several areas of law, with a specialty in corporate and commercial law. He works with private clients, and Commonwealth Government departments and agencies. He prides himself on understanding his client’s business and working with his clients to achieve optimal results.
His experience as a lawyer and professional ice hockey player have taught Rob the importance of strong team dynamics, a dedicated work ethic, communication skills and time management. He is personable, committed and well equipped to provide efficient and effective legal solutions which assist his clients in meeting their objectives.
Rob is a board member of the Ronald McDonald House Canberra.
Rob hails from Montreal, Canada. Before he became a lawyer, Rob played professional ice hockey in North America and Europe and captained Team Australia. He is currently the Head Coach of the CBR Brave who compete in the Australian Ice Hockey League.
Rob’s areas of expertise are:
- Corporate and Commercial law
- Corporate governance
- Drafting and negotiating contracts
- Government commercial
- Information and communications technology
- Intellectual Property
- Sports law
- Wills and Estates
Rob’s broader corporate and commercial experience includes:
- drafting, reviewing and negotiating a range of commercial contracts and goods and services supply contracts; distribution and agency agreements; confidentiality agreements; outsourcing agreements; sponsorship agreements; software licencing agreements; finance and mortgage securities/agreements; trusts; partnership, joint venture, shareholder and unitholder agreements
- IP protection and disputes relating to trademarks, copyright, domain names and brand protection
- asset protection, succession planning and restructuring corporate entities
- business sales and acquisitions including conducting purchaser, vendor and financier due diligence
- Master of Business Administration from the University of New England
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the College of Law
- Bachelor of Laws from the University of New England
- Bachelor of Arts in Government and Legal Studies from Bowdoin College, USA
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- High Court of Australia
Affiliations and Memberships
- Law Society of the ACT
- Law Society of NSW
- Ronald McDonald House Canberra – Board Member