John has more than ten years’ experience in providing advice to construction industry clients.
John works in Meyer Vandenberg Lawyer’s Building and Construction Dispute Resolution team, where he has acted in a diverse range of disputes, including residential disputes (for owners and builders), commercial disputes (for subcontractors and builders), planning disputes and regulatory actions.
John also works in Meyer Vandenberg’s Employment, Workplace Relations and Safety team, having previously worked as an industrial relations lawyer in the construction industry, including as the Director of Industrial Relations for Master Builders ACT. John has unique insights into the industrial realities of the construction industry, having testified at the 2015 Royal Commission into Trade Union Governance and Corruption and is the author of the Meyer Vandenberg / Master Builders ACT right of entry app.
John has also worked for Master Builders Australia and with the Commonwealth Department of Workplace Relations and as an associate to Justice Refshauge of the ACT Supreme Court.
John is a lecturer in construction law at the University of Canberra and is the Chair of the Professional Sector Council of Master Builders ACT, as well as a member of its Executive Committee.
- Residential building disputes
- Commercial building disputes
- Security of payment claims
- Planning disputes
- Regulatory disputes
- Industrial disputes
- Right of entry disputes
- Employment disputes
- Enterprise bargaining
- Advice in relation to the compliance with procurement codes
- Bachelor of Arts and Laws (Hons) – Sydney University (2008)
- Master of Public Policy – Australian National University (2014)
- Australian Capital Territory, 2009
Affiliations and Memberships
- ACT Law Society
- Society of Construction Law Australia
- Chair of the Professional Sector Council of Master Builders ACT
- Executive Committee member of Master Builders ACT
- Director of Master Builders Group Training