John is a commercial lawyer with international experience.
In addition to being admitted in the ACT as a lawyer, John is admitted as a solicitor in the jurisdictions of Ireland and also England and Wales.
Prior to moving to Australia in 2010, John worked in Ireland both in private practice and also as internal counsel to the corporate lending division of one of Ireland’s leading banks in respect of secured and unsecured lending, syndications, asset finance and structured finance.
John currently advises on property developments, asset structuring, leasing arrangements, secured lending and commercial property transactions.
As well as acting for private clients John also acts on behalf some of Australia’s largest banks and both the ACT and Commonwealth Governments.
- Commercial Property
- Commercial Leasing
- Commercial Contracting
- Banking and Finance
- Personal Property Securities legislation
- Project procurement and Front end construction
- Project finance
- Trusts and Asset Structuring
- LLB (Hons) Business Law, Bournemouth University, Bournemouth UK
- PG Dip Legal Practice, College of Law, Chester UK
- Australian Capital Territory
Affiliations and Memberships
- ACT Law Society
- Law Society of Ireland
- Law Society of England and Wales
- ACT Health Human Research Ethics Committee