Helen is an Associate in Meyer Vandenberg’s Wills and Estates team, specialising in the areas of estate planning and estate disputes.
After close to five years in private practice, Helen joined our team in November 2019. In addition to her Wills and Estates experience, she has a background advising clients in relation to Family Law and Conveyancing matters. This experience means she is well placed to assist clients in understanding the interaction of these practice areas with estate planning, estate administration and litigated estate matters.
In 2019, the Doyles Guide recognised Helen as one of Australia’s ‘Rising Stars’ in the area of Australian Wills, Estates & Succession Planning. The listing details non-Partner level lawyers practicing in either of contentious or non-contentious wills, estates and succession planning law matters across all Australian legal markets who have been identified by senior level Wills & Estates lawyers and barristers for their knowledge and expertise in these areas.
- Administering estates
- Estate disputes (advising and appearing in Court)
- Family provision claims
- Elder law
- Estate planning
- Financial management and guardianship
- Powers of Attorney and Enduring Guardians
- Wills, Testamentary Trust Wills and Special Disability Trust Wills
- Superannuation death benefit nominations
- Bachelor of Arts (Political Science)/Laws – Australian National University (2014)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice – Australian National University (2014)
- Master of Laws – Australian National University (2018)
- Australian Capital Territory, 2015
Affiliations and Memberships
- ACT Law Society
- Member of the Elder Law & Succession Law Committee, ACT Law Society
- Member of the Women Lawyers Association ACT Communication subcommittee
- Board Member of Athletics ACT
- Board Member of TADACT
- Former Chair of the Meritas ANZ Wills & Estates Committee