Bernice leads Meyer Vandenberg’s commercial dispute resolution team, and specialises in insolvency, debt recovery, compulsory land acquisition, State taxes and Federal tax disputes.
She is passionate about protecting the interests of her clients, and takes a straight-talking and commercially pragmatic approach to that mission.
With her background in finance and commerce, including as a Senior Manager at Ernst & Young, Bernice has a keen understanding of the key drivers in business, which means she understands a dispute is best resolved early and not subject to protracted and expensive legal action.
Bernice’s forte is managing and resolving complex claims. She has a proven track record of being able to quickly get to the factual and legal heart of a dispute, assemble and analyse evidence and develop solutions for her clients. Getting a practical result for her clients is paramount, with those clients including insolvency practitioners, financial institutions, company directors and business owners generally.
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Debt recovery
- Compulsory acquisition
- Insolvency Education Program, QUT
- Master of Laws, University of Canberra
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, College of Law
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Commerce, Australian National University
- Australian Capital Territory
- High Court of Australia
Affiliations and Memberships
- Director – LEAD Disability Services Limited
- Director– Communities@Work Limited
- Member – Australian Restructuring, Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Fellow – Tax Institute of Australia (TIA)
- Member – Law Society of the ACT
- Associate Member – Law Society of NSW