We have established and advised Foundations and Public and Private Ancillary Funds for ACT organisations for purposes such as;
- raising awareness and delivering programmes addressing mental health, youth suicide or domestic violence.
- physical fitness and swimming classes for disadvantaged children
- horseriding and other outdoor activities for use and disadvantaged children
- short to medium term accommodation for youth at financial risk or risk of homelessness
- providing resources and assistance to children in need
We have established and obtained charity registration with the ACNC and endorsement as a deductible gift recipient (DGR) by the ATO for DGR categories public benevolent institutions, health promotion charities, school building funds and registered environmental organisations.
We were involved in the merger of the largest ACT community sector organisations on its separate mergers with 2 other organisations. These transactions involved:
- Assistance with identifying the respective desired outcomes and rationale for the merger to achieve mutual benefits and enable the continued delivery of services on a viable footing;
- Analysis of workforce arrangements and the successful transfer of the staff to the merged entity, including advice and assistance in relation to the consolidation of the respective Enterprise Agreements and issued relating to remuneration and employee entitlements;
- We assisted with the preparation and negotiation of a co-location agreement enabling service organisations to share premises and costs
- We have acting for many years for one of the ACT’s largest providers of affordable and subsidised accommodation and advise on many issues.
- We have assisted various organisations in changing their legal structure from a State or Territory based incorporated association to a company limited by guarantee registered under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)
- We have provided restructure advice to a national organisation in relation to changing from a federated structure to a national body structure.
We have prepared and negotiated many CEO and other senior executive contracts, advised on workforce structure and reviewed and prepared employment documentation.
We have provided advice in relation to non-compliance with DGR endorsement requirements.