Our team has significant experience acting for departments, agencies and authorities at Commonwealth, State and Territory level. Meyer Vandenberg is appointed to the LSMUL on three categories – Dispute Resolution and Litigation; Government and Administrative Law; and Corporate and Commercial Law.
Request for Legal Services from MV now
Commonwealth Attorney-General's Office of Legal Services Coordination has developed a Request for Quote (RFQ) template which may be used by agencies to seek quotes when they purchase services from Meyer Vadenberg. According to the OLSC, use of the RFQ template is not mandatory. Agencies may amend the template or use an agency specific form to request a quote for legal services. The Request for Quote template is available here.
All new inquiries regarding the purchase of legal services should be sent to LSMUL@MVLawyers.com.au.
Legal services to Government
Our approach is to understand our clients and the political and policy environment within which they operate so that we are able to give practical, focused advice that assists them achieve their objectives.
We are members of a number of Commonwealth and Territory legal panels. Our personnel are regularly seconded to government clients to complement in-house legal staff and agency teams, building on our extensive understanding of the environment within which departments, agencies and statutory authorities operate.
Our team members’ expertise includes:
- Electronic health, including advising on the Personally Controlled Electronic Health Records (PCEHR) / National E-Health Records (NEHR) system and healthcare identifiers
- Procurement, tendering and probity for Commonwealth and ACT government agencies
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on contracts and memorandums of understanding, including as part of implementing government programs and following procurement processes
- Drafting and advising on inter-governmental agreements and national partnership agreements
- Funding and grants, including drafting of agreements and supporting documentation
- Statutory interpretation
- Advising on all aspects of intellectual property, including copyright, trade marks and confidential information, as well as licensing and assignment, exploitation, protection and enforcement of rights
- Preparing drafting instructions for, and assisting draft, primary and subordinate legislation and preparing explanatory material
- ‘Pressure testing’ and advising on proposed new legislation
- Advising on the implementation of Government programs, including risk and liability, compliance and enforcement, administrative decision making, operational policies and procedures, criminal and civil penalty regimes, liaison and negotiation with stakeholders and clearance of materials for publishing
- Advising on significant land sales, leasing, planning and construction matters
- Privacy and confidentiality advice for government agencies and private sector organisations
- Employment and workplace relations
- Telecommunications, broadcasting and information technology law, including regulatory and commercial matters
- Governance, compliance and risk management
- Acting on independent inquiries on behalf of the Commonwealth and Commonwealth authorities
- Debt recovery, including the recovery of licence fees on behalf of the Commonwealth and Commonwealth authorities
- Recovery of research and development grant monies on behalf of Commonwealth appointed liquidators