Corporate and Commercial
Our team has extensive experience in all aspects of corporate and commercial law. We are recognised for our expertise in dealing with complex and sensitive transactions. Our work includes commercial and government advice, contracts, risk management and business succession planning.
We strive to understand our clients and their operating environments so that we are able to give practical, commercially-focused advice that assists them achieve their objectives.
We have a diverse local and international client base including public and private companies, government agencies and authorities, not-for profit bodies, education and research institutions, financiers and venture capital funds.
Through our membership of the ALFA International Legal Network we provide legal support around the world for our clients with international operations.
Our expertise includes:
- Mergers and acquisitions of companies and businesses
- Corporate and business structuring, joint ventures, strategic alliances, trusts, shareholder and partnership arrangements
- Government grants and funding
- Drafting and negotiating contracts, including in the context of business transactions, the implementation of government programs, procurement and consultancy arrangements
- Corporate governance and compliance and legal risk management
- Intellectual property including licensing, commercialisation, due diligence, registration and protection and enforcement of IP rights
- Distribution, agency and franchising arrangements
- Employment and workplace relations
- Privacy law for private sector organisations and government agencies
- Telecommunications and information technology law, including commercial and regulatory aspects
- Electronic health law, including the Personally Controlled Electronic Health Records (PCEHR) / National E-Health Records (NEHR) system and healthcare identifiers
- Competition and consumer protection law
- Not-for-profit and charity law issues
- Company incorporations and company secretarial services
- Advising on, and assisting draft, primary legislation and regulations