Meyer Vandenberg is a well-known brand in the Canberra market, boasting an impeccable reputation for legal services for clients spanning across various disciplines. As a part of the firm, MV Resourcing is one of the fastest growing providers of flexible legal solutions to clients that include:
- Information Release
- Administrative Law
- Legal Administration
Currently, we are seeking a Senior Associate and Special Counsel Lawyers that will address commercial matters for our federal government client. This will range from ICT, real property and general commercial including procurement, contract drafting and negotiations, contract management, dispute resolution, branding and media other commercial arrangements between the department and private businesses. You will be required to work together with a small team of lawyers within the legal team which is responsible for legal services which support the department’s functions.
- Have a sound understanding of the Commonwealth Procurement Rules;
- Experience in drafting procurement documentation including RFTs, contracts and evaluation plans;
- Draft legal compliance statements, prepare and conduct negotiations; and
- Advise on contract management issues.
- For the person undertaking the property role, experience in drafting and advising on leasing and property related issues.
- Have experience with working with the federal government
- You will have a practicing certificate
You will be supported by a great team of professionals and you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic team that will allow you to really use your talents for this work.
This will be a secondment on site within a federal government department to the 23rd December 2019 with the potential to extend a further 6 months. As you will be an employee of Meyer Vandenberg you will be offered many benefits that include paid leave, the ability to earn CPD points, a competitive salary and other great company incentives. You must be able to obtain a baseline clearance, therefore, Australian Citizens will be considered for this role.
As you will be required to have a baseline clearance, you must be an Australian Citizen to be considered.