Meyer Vandenberg is a well-known brand in the Canberra market, boasting an impeccable reputation for legal services for clients spanning across various disciplines. As a part of the firm, MVP is one of the fastest-growing providers of flexible legal solutions.
We are seeking multiple experienced Lawyers (2-10 years PQE) to provide legal services primarily in relation to the department’s specialised programmes. You will have strong litigation experience particularly appearing in case conferences before the Tribunal and drafting submissions based on the legislative framework. As a Lawyer, you will work closely with the Principal Lawyers and Branch Manager of the Legal Services Branch to manage and advise on matters before the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) through the provision of high-quality legal services.
You will be responsible for the provision of legal services in a team responsible for managing participant and provider disputes before the AAT, in-house dispute resolution and advocacy services, advice on internal review matters, good administrative decision-making and complex participant related disputes
Your duties will include:
- Providing excellent legal services in the areas of administrative law, litigation and statutory interpretation.
- Maintaining and improving the in-house legal practice with an emphasis on the development and mentoring of junior staff.
- Establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with clients, people with disability and their representatives, and other stakeholders, including courts and tribunals, other Australian Government agencies, and the legal profession.
- Managing the priorities of clients and available resources to deliver results on time and within budget.
- Developing systems, processes and practical tools including training to support good administrative decision-making.
- Other duties as required
You will be supported by a great team of professionals and you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic team that will allow you to really use your talents for this work.
This will be a 6-month secondment initially with the potential to extend a further 6 months. As you will be an employee of Meyer Vandenberg you will be offered many benefits that include paid leave, a competitive salary and other great company incentives. You must hold a baseline clearance or have the ability to obtain one, therefore only Australian Citizens will be considered.