Building and Construction
Our Building and Construction team provides advice at all stages of construction, from project inception, planning and development through to completion. Our team delivers strategic and innovative guidance, ensuring that our clients achieve their desired outcomes. Through our dispute resolution services we identify and manage issues to reach timely and cost effective solutions.
We provide a comprehensive range of building and construction legal services to owners, developers, builders, engineers, suppliers and subcontractors as well as investors, financiers and project sponsors. Regardless of the size or role of our client, we work with them to provide creative and effective legal solutions.
Our strong networks in the construction sector and industry associations enable us to be at the forefront of changes in the industry, and give our clients access to the most up to date legal advice.
Our expertise includes:
- Advice on project finance documentation
- Compliance with the national code of practice for the construction industry
- Land acquisition and regulatory approval including planning, development and environmental matters
- Preparation and negotiation of agreements for lease involving a construction element
- Preparation, negotiation and review of development, construction and building contracts (including compliance with sustainability requirements)
- Preparation of tender documents
- Risk allocation and minimisation assessments
- Advice on industrial relations and dispute resolution
- Securty of payment claims and adjudications